About the job
At Royal Life Saving NSW - we strive everyday to be leaders in swimming & water safety and drowning prevention.
Over the last 125 years, Royal Life Saving NSW has grown to become one of the largest advocacy agencies for swimming and water safety education. With us, you will work with capable colleagues who have a shared passion for making the water a safer place to be.
Royal Life Saving NSW has programs operating in more than 50 locations, including our brand new state of the art Learn to Swim Venue at Denistone East and flagship Centre at Seven Hills.
About the role
As a Swim Teacher, you will be delivering lesson plans that promote swimming and safety skills in school aged children. Through combining stroke progression with water safety, our well rounded program aids in developing strong technical strokes and confident swimmers.
This is a casual position and the hourly rate is scaled depending on experience and number of qualifications held. The range is $26.86 - $31.52 + super.
You will be passionate about inspiring and developing water safety and swimming skills in children and young people. Experience in other teaching or coaching roles is a bonus but not necessary. Personal attributes such as patience, respect, and enthusiasm will take you far as a Swim Teacher!
In this role you will unlock the power of all children to be inspired by swimming, creating lifelong opportunities.
- Demonstrate a passion and enthusiasm to teach children to swim
- Provide excellent customer service to parents and students alike
- Be motivated and committed to perform to a high standard
- Be friendly, polite and approachable at all times
- Display interest, enthusiasm, patience and respect to children and peers
- Follow directions and adhere to Royal Life Saving NSW policies and procedures
- CPR certificates (or willingness to obtain before commencing)
- Teacher of Swimming & Water Safety qualification (or willingness to obtain before commencing)
- Working with children check (NSW)
In keeping with current New South Wales health directions it is a requirement that staff attending our facilities are fully vaccinated. Please be aware that you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status as part of the recruitment process.
At Royal Life Saving NSW, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual, such as:
- Flexible working and rostering arrangements
- Opportunities for career development and growth
- Free access to our aquatic centres
- Upskilling and training courses provided as part of employment