About the job
Nestled in Parramatta Park’s lush surrounds, Parramatta Aquatic Centre (the PAC) is a new fitness, wellness and relaxation hub. Featuring three pools including an outdoor Olympic-sized centrepiece and indoor water playground, as well as spa, steam and sauna facilities, fitness centre, and public café, the PAC is a community oasis to accompany Parramatta’s burgeoning CBD district.
We invite you to be part of the City of Parramatta Council team and join our community of over 700 people on a journey towards building the future of Parramatta together. In the heart of greater Sydney, one of Australia’s fastest-growing regions, we put our people first – whether they’re staff or the community of about 175,000 we serve – to provide the perfect mix of services and support to make Parramatta thrive.
Your next career move is here!
Join us on Parramatta’s positive transformation journey by supporting the operations of Council’s community aquatic and wellness facility - The Parramatta Aquatic Centre (The PAC).
This position is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of Councils aquatic facilities maintaining high standards of supervision, ensuring high-quality water, and ensuring services are provided at all times in a safe manner.
On a daily basis, your main tasks will include:
- Leading the lifeguard team to ensuring compliance with centre policy and industry supervision standards
- Contributing to the efficient and effective running of Council’s aquatic facilities to achieve Council’s social and financial objectives.
- Supervising the pools and patrons, taking preventative actions, rescues and first aid as required.
- Maintaining water quality in line with NSW Department of Health requirements and other relevant industry standards.
- Utilising effective risk management techniques and centre policy to ensure the safety of staff, the community, user groups, contractors, and suppliers.
- Conducting water testing, basic plant maintenance and the recording and retaining of related actions to ensure the highest quality water treatment and compliance
- Ensuring that breakdowns and service requirements for all aquatic equipment within the facility are actioned or reported in a timely manner through the established process.
The successful candidate should have experience in leading a team of lifeguarding in a pool aquatic environment. Flexibility and willingness to work a 7-day rotating roster across multiple facilities is also required.
Required Qualifications include:
- Current Australian Pool Lifeguards Certificate
- Pool Operations Certificate
- Current Australian First Aid Certificate
- NSW Working with Children Check
Desired Qualifications and skills include:
- Royal Life Saving or Swim Australia Teaching and/or Coaching qualifications
What’s on offer
We have three permanent positions available with an attractive annual remuneration from $78,860 to $86,866, plus 10.5% super.
In addition, City of Parramatta also offer excellent employee benefits which include
- 14 weeks paid parental leave
- Access to Long Service Leave after 5 years
- Central Parramatta location (Public transport at our door, discounted parking)
- Significant leave benefits (up to 12 days flexi-time, 3 additional leave days at Christmas, 15 days sick/personal leave, 2 days health and wellbeing leave per year)
- Learning and development opportunities
- Health and wellbeing programs (Fitness Passport, Flu Shots and more)
Want to know more?
Further information regarding the requirements of this role can be found in the attached Position Description.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion please contact Joachim Bardrum on email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
Candidates MUST apply online. Applications close at 9pm on Sunday 18 June 2023 and will not be accepted through any other medium.
Important additional information
The successful candidate is required to be vaccinated (at least 2 doses of a TGA approved COVID-19 vaccine) in accordance with Council's vaccination policy. Candidates may submit a medical contraindication for Council's consideration.
Prohibited persons as defined under the NSW Child Protection Act are not eligible to apply. A copy of a valid Working with Children Clearance must be presented at Interview.
This position requires the successful candidate to complete a Criminal History Records Check and a Pre-Employment Medical, which also includes a Drug and Alcohol test.
The City of Parramatta supports a Drug and Alcohol-free working environment and employees may be subject to random testing as a result.
Come as you are!
Parramatta is a fascinating mosaic. We believe in creating a working culture that reflects that. Here, everyone is welcome and valued, so you can bring your authentic self to work and simply be who you are – whoever you are.
Our diverse culture is a source of strength. It increases the effectiveness of our teams and drives innovation, which includes finding new ways of working. Ultimately, diversity and inclusion shape who we are as a city and as a working environment.
If you have any questions or would like to know more about Diversity at City of Parramatta, please email email@example.com.
Please, note you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident or have unlimited working rights in Australia to apply for this position.
Parramatta Aquatic Centre