About the job
Nestled in Parramatta Park’s lush surrounds, Parramatta Aquatic Centre (The PAC) is a new fitness, wellness and relaxation hub. Featuring three pools including an outdoor Olympic-sized centrepiece and indoor water playground, as well as spa, steam and sauna facilities, fitness centre, and public café, the PAC is a community oasis to accompany Parramatta’s burgeoning CBD district.
We invite you to be part of the City of Parramatta Council team and join our community of over 700 people on a journey towards building the future of Parramatta together. In the heart of greater Sydney, one of Australia’s fastest-growing regions, we put our people first – whether they’re staff or the community of about 175,000 we serve – to provide the perfect mix of services and support to make Parramatta thrive.
Your next career move is here!
Join us on Parramatta’s positive transformation journey by supporting the operations of Council’s community aquatic and wellness facility - The Parramatta Aquatic Centre (The PAC).
This position is responsible for supervising bodies of water, ensuring the facility is clean and safe and allowing the venue to provide services in a safe manner.
On a daily basis, your main tasks will include:
- Supervising bodies of water to ensure compliance with centre policy and industry standards
- Monitoring and controlling the activities of hirers and the public within the pools and facility.
- Assisting with the monitoring and maintenance of all filtration, recirculation and chemical dosing equipment to ensure its ongoing operation.
- Ensuring consistent high levels of cleanliness, hygiene, safety, and security within the pool surrounds.
- Ensuring correct use and proper storage and security of all pool equipment and chemicals.
- Performing pool rescues and first aid procedures when required.
The successful candidate should have a positive attitude and willingness to learn and work. Flexibility and willingness to work a 7-day rotating roster across multiple facilities is also required.
Required Qualifications include:
- Current Australian Pool Lifeguard Certificate
- Current Australian First Aid (Level 2) and Current CPR Certificate
- NSW Working with Children Check
Desired experience and skills include:
- Previous experience and success in a comparable role
- Ability to identify safety hazards associated with the operation of aquatic facilities and programs.
- Capacity and willingness to gain knowledge of pool plant and equipment and aquatic industry standards, especially regarding pool supervision, water quality, and the use and storage of chemicals.
- Demonstrated ability to apply EEO, OH&S and ethical practice principles.
- Knowledge of crowd management techniques.
- Ability to carry out ongoing asset and equipment maintenance.
What’s on offer
We have several casual positions available and are offering an attractive hourly rate of $29.79 plus 25% casual loading
In addition, City of Parramatta also offer excellent employee benefits which include:
- Central Parramatta location (Public transport at our door, discounted parking)
- Learning and development opportunities
- Health and wellbeing programs (Fitness Passport, Flu Shots and more)
Want to know more?
Further information regarding the requirements of this role can be found in the attached Position Description.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion please contact Joachim Bardrum on firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
Candidates MUST apply online and will not be accepted through any other medium.
Important additional information
The successful candidate is required to be vaccinated (at least 2 doses of a TGA approved COVID-19 vaccine) in accordance with Council's vaccination policy. Candidates may submit a medical contraindication for Council's consideration.
Prohibited persons as defined under the NSW Child Protection Act are not eligible to apply. A copy of a valid Working with Children Clearance must be presented at Interview.
This position requires the preferred candidate to undertake a Pre-Employment Medical Check, which also includes a Drug and Alcohol test.
The City of Parramatta supports a Drug and Alcohol-free working environment and employees may be subject to random testing as a result.
Come as you are!
Parramatta is a fascinating mosaic. We believe in creating a working culture that reflects that. Here, everyone is welcome and valued, so you can bring your authentic self to work and simply be who you are – whoever you are.
Our diverse culture is a source of strength. It increases the effectiveness of our teams and drives innovation, which includes finding new ways of working. Ultimately, diversity and inclusion shape who we are as a city and as a working environment.
If you have any questions or would like to know more about Diversity at City of Parramatta, please email email@example.com.
Please, note you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident or have unlimited working rights in Australia to apply for this position.