Aquatic Program Supervisor
About the job
Nestled in Parramatta Park’s lush surrounds, Parramatta Aquatic Centre (The PAC) is a new fitness, wellness and relaxation hub. Featuring three pools including an outdoor Olympic-sized centrepiece and indoor water playground, as well as spa, steam and sauna facilities, fitness centre, and public café, the PAC is a community oasis to accompany Parramatta’s burgeoning CBD district.
We invite you to be part of the City of Parramatta Council team and join our community of over 700 people on a journey towards building the future of Parramatta together. In the heart of greater Sydney, one of Australia’s fastest-growing regions, we put our people first – whether they’re staff or the community of about 175,000 we serve – to provide the perfect mix of services and support to make Parramatta thrive.
Your next career move is here!
Join us on Parramatta’s positive transformation journey by supporting the operations of Council’s community aquatic and wellness facility - The Parramatta Aquatic Centre (The PAC).
This position is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of Aquatic Programs including but not limited to instructor/teacher management, class supervision, program efficiency and exceptional customer service delivery.
On a daily basis, your main tasks will include:
- Assist and complete administration tasks including enrolments, class consolidation and monitoring occupancy.
- Supervise the instruction of programs for water familiarisation, learn to swim, water safety and squad classes by casual swim instructors, and instruct programs when required.
- Provide feedback, training, and support on the activities of swim instructors.
- Ensure that all programs taught with the emphasis of safety and contain the teaching elements/methods outlined in the swimming programs.
- Regularly assess student’s progress including liaising with parents and offering feedback.
The successful candidate should have experience in teaching swimming & water safety to a range of ages and abilities, and a passion for providing water safety education to our community. Flexibility and willingness to work a 7-day rotating roster across multiple facilities is also required.
Required Qualifications include:
- Current Australian Swimming & Water Safety qualification
- Current Australian First Aid (Level 2) and Current CPR Certificate
- NSW Working with Children Check
- National Police Check
Desired Qualifications/Experience include:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Swim School Supervision
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in qualified Swim Teaching
- Additional Australian Swim Teacher qualifications
- AUSTSWIM and Royal Life Saving Teacher Assessor
What’s on offer
We have three part time position available with a minimum of 25 hrs per week, as well as a full time position. We are offering an attractive annual remuneration from $74,228 to $81,746 (pro-rata for part-time), plus 10.5% superannuation.
In addition, City of Parramatta also offer excellent employee benefits which include
- Up to 14 weeks paid parental leave
- Access to Long Service Leave after 5 years
- Central Parramatta location (Public transport at our door, discounted parking)
- Significant leave benefits (up to 12 days flexi-time, 3 additional leave days at Christmas, 15 days sick/personal leave, 2 days health and wellbeing leave per year)
- Learning and development opportunities
- Health and wellbeing programs (Fitness Passport, Flu Shots and more)
Want to know more?
Further information regarding the requirements of this role can be found in the attached Position Description.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion please contact Hannah Mostafa on email@example.com.
How to apply
Candidates MUST apply online. Applications close at 9pm on Sunday 18 June 2023 and will not be accepted through any other medium.
Important additional information
The successful candidate is required to be vaccinated (at least 2 doses of a TGA approved COVID-19 vaccine) in accordance with Council's vaccination policy. Candidates may submit a medical contraindication for Council's consideration.
Prohibited persons as defined under the NSW Child Protection Act are not eligible to apply. A copy of a valid Working with Children Clearance must be presented at Interview.
This position requires the preferred candidate to undergo a Criminal History Records check. A criminal history does not necessarily disqualify a prospective candidate from selection.
This position requires the successful candidate to complete a Criminal History Records Check and a Pre-Employment Medical, which also includes a Drug and Alcohol test.
The City of Parramatta supports a Drug and Alcohol-free working environment and employees may be subject to random testing as a result.
Come as you are!
Parramatta is a fascinating mosaic. We believe in creating a working culture that reflects that. Here, everyone is welcome and valued, so you can bring your authentic self to work and simply be who you are – whoever you are.
Our diverse culture is a source of strength. It increases the effectiveness of our teams and drives innovation, which includes finding new ways of working. Ultimately, diversity and inclusion shape who we are as a city and as a working environment.
If you have any questions or would like to know more about Diversity at City of Parramatta, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, note you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident or have unlimited working rights in Australia to apply for this position.
Parramatta Aquatic Centre