Fri, 27 Oct|
Crowne Plaza - Hawkesbury Valley
Hawkesbury Drowning Prevention Workshop
Help us shape an Action Plan to reduce drowning in the Hawkesbury!
Time & Location
27 Oct 2023, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm AEDT
Crowne Plaza - Hawkesbury Valley, 61 Hawkesbury Valley Way, Windsor NSW 2756, Australia
About the event
REGISTRATIONS EXTENDED TO THURSDAY 19 OCTOBER 2023
The Hawkesbury has some of the most beautiful inland waterways in the world to enjoy, recreate and socialise in. However, it is one of the state’s leading location for drowning incidents. We must work together and challenge ourselves to ensure all members of the community can enjoy a waterway of life.
Royal Life Saving invite you join us at our Hawkesbury Drowning Prevention Workshop to discuss and collaborate on programs, strategies and opportunities to address this critical issue within the community.
Provide a forum for Land Managers, Recreation and Tourism Operators, Government, Emergency Services, Water Management Agencies, Community Leaders and academia to come together to develop a Drowning Prevention Plan for the Hawkesbury region and neighbouring LGA's including:
- Complex problems require an adaptive and systematic approach within the support of a strong legal framework.
- Motivating individuals and communities to change their behaviour through context appropriate information.
- Present research, policy and practice that aim to provide insights and address the issues.
- Facilitate setting a collective agenda and action for the Hawkesbury region and neighbouring LGA's.
- Engage, collaborate and strengthen partnerships with key stakeholders.
Who should attend:
- Local representatives from Land and Water Management agencies
- Local Risk, Insurance and Emergency Service personnel.
- Local government representatives with remit for water safety, community development, environmental management and asset management.
- Leading academics with an interest in these topics.
- Leaders from regional, diverse communities
- Leaders from outdoor recreation, tourism and management groups
Food and refreshments will be provided, please list any dietary requirements in your RSVP.
Registrations close on Thursday 19 October 2023.
For any further enquiries regarding this event please email firstname.lastname@example.org