Thu, 30 Nov|
ACT Drowning Prevention Workshop - ACT
You're invited to help us shape an Action Plan to reduce drowning in the ACT. Royal Life Saving invite you to join us at our ACT Drowning Prevention Workshop to discuss and collaborate on programs, strategies and opportunities to address this critical issue within the community.
Time & Location
30 Nov 2023, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm AEDT
Mantra Hotel, 84 Northbourne Ave, Braddon ACT 2612, Australia
About the event
The ACT is home to some incredible waterways for the community to enjoy, recreate and socialise in. However, in the past two decade 25 lives have sadly been lost in ACT waters. We must work together and challenge ourselves to ensure all Australians can enjoy a waterway of life, one free from drowning.
Royal Life Saving invite you to join us at our ACT Drowning Prevention Workshop to discuss and collaborate on programs, strategies and opportunities to address this critical issue within the community.
- Provide a forum for Land Managers, Recreation and Tourism Operators, Government, Emergency Services, Water Management Agencies, Community Leaders and academia to come together to develop a Drowning Prevention Plan for the ACT including:
- Complex problems require an adaptive and systematic approach within the support of a strong legal framework.
- Motivating individuals and communities to change their behaviour through context appropriate information.
- Present research, policy and practice that aim to provide insights and address the issues.
- Facilitate setting a collective agenda and action for the ACT.
- Engage, collaborate and strengthen partnerships with key stakeholders.
Who should attend?
- ACT Land and Water Management agencies
- ACT Risk, Insurance and Emergency Service personnel
- ACT government representatives with remit for water safety, community development, environmental management and asset management
- Leading academics with an interest in these topics.
- Leaders from cultural and diverse communities
- Leaders from outdoor recreation, tourism and management groups
Food and refreshments will be provided, please list any dietary requirements in your RSVP.
Registrations close on Monday 27th November 2023.
For any further enquiries regarding this event please email firstname.lastname@example.org